On this page... (hide)
1. Limit RAM usage: RAM usage can go up to 1GB+ when you have several tabs open. In the
about:config filter, enter
browser.cache.memory.capacity (either of them works). Double click the value that comes up, and enter a value of 5000 for those of you with 512 MB or less memory. Enter a value of 15000 for memory of 512MB to 1 GB.
2. Disable prefetch: Firefox’s annoying feature of prefetching links makes it resource-hogging. Enter
network.prefetch-next, and change the value to False.
1. In firefox, type
about:config in the URL box
2. In the filter box, paste this text:
3. Change the value to true by double-clicking the previous “false” text.
Since 2.0, FF automatically resize large image to fit screen width.
- Enter about:config in Firefox address bar.
browser.enable_automatic_image_resizingin Filter field.
- change to value to false
browser.zoom.siteSpecific --> false
View source in favorite editor
Instructions adapted from MozillaZine knowledge-base
about:configand filter down to
view_source.editor.pathto something like